The Master of Supply Chain Management (MSCM) program will prepare students for leadership roles in building, managing, and changing supply chains. The 39‐credit full-time or part-time program will develop the analytical and managerial skills needed to find creative supply chain solutions to business opportunities and problems in private, nonprofit, or governmental sectors.
True to the cross-functional nature of modern Supply Chain Management (SCM), the program will add value to persons with previous undergraduate degrees in areas such as engineering, economics, healthcare, science, social science, and business.
The general admission requirements for the MSCM are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
Work Experience is not required, but strong internships or prior work experience is recommended.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Relevant full-time work experience of 2 years is strongly preferred.
Completion of the online application which requires
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 videos)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be from a professor.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English
- IELTS (Academic Test) – 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
- TOEFL – 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension) Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Group 1: Foundational Courses
- Business Communication And Team Dynamics
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Financial Decisions For Managers
- Marketing Management
- Design And Management Of Organizational Processes
Group 2: Functional Courses
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Transportation And Logistics Management
- Supply Relationship Management
- Coordinating Demand And Supply
Group 3: Applied Learning Courses
- Managing Change In Supply Chains
- Managing International Trade In Supply Chains
- Managing New Supply Chain Technology
- Supply Chain Consulting Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $17,973 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $26,706 per Term/Semester
- Part time fee for Domestic Students: $8,987 Term/Semester
- Part time fee for International Students: $13,353 per Term/Semester
The program is for students who aspire to rapid career advancement from entry-level positions in logistics, purchasing, operations, and customer service to senior management positions responsible for the end-to-end design and coordination of an organization’s supply chain such as vice president of supply chain management.
Throughout their studies, students will have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative resources, individualized mentoring, and coaching to help advance your career. Meet alumni, recruiters, and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.
Thank you for referring Easy Visa Guide