Japan Work Visa Requirements

Visitors in Japan on a three-month tourist visa are not allowed to work.

People interested in working in Japan should apply for a working visa prior to arrival. To apply, the firm, college, research center, training organization, or school that will use it must collaborate.

During this cycle, candidates should make contact with a Japanese government office or a government office in their home country.

The majority of work visas require sponsorship by a Japanese business, institution, college, or individual.

After seeking job in a school, institution, or Japanese firm, applicants for a working visa should complete a Japanese international safety haven application structure or a department in their home countries.

Visas with special requirements

On April 1, 2019, the Japanese government established new visas dubbed “Specified Skilled Visas” to alleviate employment default in a variety of industries.

Under the new criteria, over 345,000 unknown specialists will be allowed to join Japan.

Two types of visas are available. Particular skill sets Visa 1-SSV1 and Visa 2-SSV2 are two distinct visa types.

The SSV1 is a five-year device that takes restricted dining into consideration. Contestants are not authorized to be accompanied by relatives.

The SSV2 permits visa holders to bring family members and is renewable forever (beginning in 2021).

SSV1 visa holders may apply to have their status changed to SSV2.

Prerequisites for obtaining a working visa in Japan include the following: A valid photo identification, updated photographic information, a letter from your prospective employer or supporter explaining the position and new salary, a certificate of entitlement, a curriculum vitae of educational programs, and duplicates of all basic graduation certificates are all required (the application requires documentation of your planned enterprise).

A certificate of eligibility is required in order to get a work visa. The Japanese Ministry of Justice issues it. If the newcomer is not a Japanese national, the new boss will most likely contact him via a Japanese immigration office. Application for Subtleties Certificate of Eligibility can be found here.

Working visas are typically granted for one or three years, except for entertainers, who are typically awarded three-month, 12-year, or one-year visas that are renewable.

Working visas are classified as follows

  • Professor/Business Manager/Arts Investor
  • Journalistic services in the legal and accounting fields
  • As a service, medicine
  • Researcher
  • Engineering Professor
  • Specialized workers (chef, sommelier, etc)
  • Humanities and International Services Specialist
  • Entertainer assigned to an intra-company transferee

A Certificate of Eligibility is required for visiting artists and accompanying expert employees in order to apply for a working visa in Japan for a limited amount of time. Athletes and ladies engaging in foreign competitions, as well as performers and traditional artists, deemed important to the symphony and invited to play in Japan, may not be required to submit a visa application certificate.

JET is an acronym for a program.

Participants in the JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching) program will be awarded visas to work as instructors, assisting language teachers (ALTs), professionals in the humanities/international services, or international relations coordinators (CIRs). The most critical archives for applying for a Japan visa are located at the JET Desk or JET Coordinator at the Japanese Embassy or General Consulate in where you were interviewed for your work in Japan.

Japan’s Exchange and Teaching Program is a joint venture with the United States (JET)

Tourist Work Visas

Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, and Norway all participate in the same holiday visa competition. The IAJ (IAJ; – kin) is in charge of a Taiwan Plan that is equivalent but autonomous. In Japan, children between the ages of 18 and 25 can work for a year doing minor maintenance (at times 30 with awareness of the movement office).

Learn more about the Nakanoshima (Ama-cho) working holidays in the Oki Islands of Shimane Prefecture.

Visas for Spouse

Non-Japanese nationals who marry a Japanese public official or a Japanese permanent resident may apply for their spouse’s visa (haigusha; don) and work in Japan. Generally, a spouse’s visa is renewed after three years. This right may be revoked as a result of the divorce’s circumstances.

Permanent residency

Long-distance travelers (often, those with Japanese relatives or spouses who have stayed in Japan for less than ten years) can apply for permanent residency (eijyuken / ä) through their local movement office. Permanent residence is unrestricted and permits the holder to engage in any form of paid work or business. Permanent residents may require a reemergence grant on occasion in order to return to Japan following a trip abroad.

Leave a Comment